Local experiences at the heart of Pyrenees life
|INCLUDED||7 nights accommodation (your choice)|
Bespoke holiday itinerary
|Your choice of local experiences|
Dedicated holiday manager
|NOT INCLUDED||Travel to the Pyrenees||Holiday insurance|
About this bespoke Pyrenees experience
Get to the very heart of local life in the French Pyrenees on this exclusive tailor made experiential trip.
Each holiday is carefully created to enable you to absorb as much of pastoral life in the Pyrenees as possible whilst leaving a minimal impact on the environment
We’ve used our extensive local knowledge to curate a range of exceptional local experiences on which you’ll meet the locals and get a hands on glimpse into the heart and soul of this exceptional mountain range.
About the adventure experiences
All of these carefully researched experiences are suitable for families with children as young as 6 years of age and include foodie, walking and other active experiences.
Foodie experiences may include …..
- a visit to a local artisanal chocolaterie to learn how some truly unique chocolate creations are made. Tastings are of course included!
- a visit to see how traditional Pyrenean ‘gateau à la broche‘ is made over an open fire
- meet the ‘noir de Bigorre’ pigs which are transformed into delicious charcuterie
- discover raspberry ‘champagne’ and meet the lady behind this innovative local product
- learn all about saffron on a visit to a farm on which saffron crocus is grown
- experience our tried and tested family friendly restaurants where you’ll eat the best local and regional produce
- explore the biggest and the best market in the area where you’ll meet local producers, artisans and crafts people
Walking experiences may include …..
- a guided walk to meet the shepherd and learn about his life in the mountains
- a guided wildlife walk in the mountains on which the kids will be captivated by the whistling marmots and maybe birds of prey too
- a morning in the company of a herd of angora goats and a visit to the workshop where their wool is processed
- a walk with a pack of local huskies on which you’ll discover that these lovable dogs are not just for winter!
- a fascinating morning with a local bear expert to learn about the life of these controversial animals in the Pyrenees
About the accommodation
We’re offering you complete flexibility over your accommodation choice too.
Options on this sustainable family adventure holiday include a spacious chalet on the only 5* wellness campsite in France, a self-catering property in a mountainside hamlet, a warm and welcoming B&B or even a 4* hotel in an authentic Pyrenean village.
Just let us know which type you prefer when you enquire.
Travelling sustainably to the Pyrenees
The mountains of the Pyrenees are easily accessible without having to take a carbon guzzling flight!
Even though most of the major airlines do now have some form of carbon off-setting initiative, you may still prefer to take the more independent and socially distant option of driving to your holiday destination.
See all of our recommended travel options here.