Experience the heart of the life in the Pyrenees mountains
|INCLUDED||7 nights accommodation (your choice)
Bespoke holiday itinerary
|Your choice of local experiences
Dedicated holiday manager
|NOT INCLUDED||Travel to the Pyrenees||Holiday insurance|
Choose this fully sustainable family adventure holiday and you’ll enjoy experiences that you won’t find in the guide books.
Each holiday is carefully created to enable you to absorb as much of pastoral life in the Pyrenees as possible whilst leaving both a minimal impact on the environment and having a positive impact on local communities.
We’ve used our extensive local knowledge to curate a range of exceptional and sustainable family adventures and experiences for your stay. The idea is for you to meet the locals and get a first hand glimpse into the heart and soul of this exceptional mountain range.
About the adventure experiences
Children as young as 6 years will enjoy this sustainable family adventure holiday.
Foodie experiences may include …..
- a visit to a local artisanal chocolaterie to learn how some truly unique chocolate creations are made. Tastings are of course included!
- a visit to see how traditional Pyrenean ‘gateau à la broche‘ is made over an open fire
- meet the ‘noir de Bigorre’ black pigs which are transformed into delicious charcuterie
- learn all about saffron on a visit to a farm on which saffron crocus is grown
- experience our tried and tested family friendly restaurants where you’ll eat the best local and regional produce
- explore the biggest and the best market in the area where you’ll meet local producers, artisans and crafts people
Walking experiences may include …..
- a guided walk to meet the shepherd and learn about his life in the mountains
- a guided wildlife walk in the mountains on which the kids will be captivated by the whistling marmots and maybe birds of prey too
- a morning in the company of a herd of angora goats and a visit to the workshop where their wool is processed
- a walk with a pack of local huskies on which you’ll discover that these lovable dogs are not just for winter!
- a fascinating morning with a local bear expert to learn about the life of these controversial animals in the Pyrenees
About the accommodation
We can offer you completely flexible accommodation options for your family holiday too.
They include a spacious chalet on the only 5* wellness campsite in France, a self-catering property in a mountainside hamlet, a warm and welcoming B&B or even a 4* hotel in an authentic Pyrenean village.
Just let us know what type of accommodation you’d prefer when you enquire and we’ll provide you with some suggestions.
Travelling sustainably to the Pyrenees
You can easily reach the Pyrenees without having to take a carbon guzzling flight!
See all of our recommended travel options here.
The night train service from Paris to Toulouse or Tarbes is a fabulous option if you’re serious about reducing your carbon footprint.
Or you may prefer the self-drive option and take the ferry from Portsmouth or Plymouth into Santander or Bilbao from where you have a scenic drive to the central Pyrenees.